Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Thursday 11 May 2017

The Hottest Shoe Trends for SS17 | Ego Official

Hi my loves,

I hope we are all doing well. Today the main purpose of this post is to make you broke!
....
Jokes obviously, however that might actually be a real side effect of reading this post..!
I am a shoe lover as most of you know - it used to be for me the higher the shoe the better but as I've gotten older & suffered an injury that has really effected my balance I've become more appreciative of all shoes, including runners which you never would of caught me dead in before.
Personally I love to do my shoe shopping online mostly now-a-days because I feel that's where you can get the most unique shoes for a great price and I also find online stores are very good for taking inspiration from designers.

Ego Official is one of my all time favourite shoe stops - their site is a haven for shoe lovers and their footwear is just SO on trend at the moment.
So that being said I am going to talk your through some of the biggest footwear trends for Spring/Summer 2017 featuring my favourite bits from their site - lets go!

The Fluffy Mule

Tan - here - £25 // Black - here - £25  // Nude - here - £25




These Mules have Gucci written all over them and I love it.
The real Gucci sliders will set you back $995 whilst these Ego ones are a mere £25 .
(and they are pretty damn identical)
These shoes tick two major trends for the season; that fact that they are mules/sliders themselves which is a big trend itself and then the fluffy, furry interior. Fluffiness is a big trend again this season.

Applique Slipper Mules

Nude - here - £25 // Black - here -  £25// White - here -  £25

These specific mules are again a homage to to Gucci's current mule selection.
The black ones are almost identical to Gucci's Applique slippers but about £584 (€698) cheaper (Gucci's will cost you $780).
The trends ticked here are the mule & applique - applique was big in clothes last season and now for Spring/Summer we are seeing it being introduced into the footwear.

Applique Platform Heels

Black snake print - here // Black floral print - here //
Nude floral print - here //  Nude snake print - here

Platforms are always a huge trend every summer. Mainly because it is a trend that looks best in my opinion in a sandal form.
These shoes would of been my jam about 2 years back but now I would be too afraid to walk around in these but if you are brave enough height wise they are stunning and platforms are more comfy than regular heels and really elongated your legs. 
This seasons update on the platform is applique and these specific prints on these ones are again very Gucci-esque, especially the snake print ones.

Fluffy Sliders

Multi-coloured - here  - £20 // Pink pearl - here - £25 //
Grey pearl - here - £25 // Pink - here£20

 This is definitely a trend that has divided people - you kind of either love them or hate them.
I love them because I am a fluffy addict and the just remind me so much of the 90's and Clueless.
Fluffy Sliders have been popping up everywhere since just after Christmas and they aren't fading out any time soon. 
This trend was first (I'm nearly sure) started by Puma with their Puma X Fenty range and obviously because it was to do with Rihanna they proved very popular.

Fluffy Heels

Perspex Strap blush - here - £30 // Perspex Strap nude - here - £30

So if fluffy sliders aren't your thing, maybe you'll like fluffy heels?
You know I love both. I own a good few pairs of fluffy heels myself and they are a shoe that always gets compliments and attract attention so they are perfect for a night out. If you are wearing a plain outfit these will make the outfit. The perspex detail on the strap of these also keeps them even more on trend.

Perspex Heels

Black - here - £30 // Clear - here - £30

This one is still stocking around from last year and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere - which makes me very happy! The reason why I love perspex heels (especially the totally clear ones) is that the match with everything and every colour because they are colour-less - which means you will get such use out of them. They also help to make you legs look longer which is ALWAYS a bonus.

Ribbon laced Trainers

Nude - here - £30 //
 Black - here - £30 // Pink - here - £30

This is another Puma started trend - their Basket Heart collection focuses on Ribbon laces and a few style feature a suede finish. 
I personally adore this Ribbon lace trend - it adds a feminine touch to trainers and makes them look that little bit more fancy. The pink ones above are my personal favourites and the satin ribbon is just too gorgeous.
Ribbons and bows have been a huge trend this season in clothes so I definitely expected to see the trend filtering into the shoes.

Ribbon Laced Ankle Boots

Black - here - £40 // Grey - here - £40 // Blush - here - £40 

Still on the ribbon trend here - these ribbons are more of a velvet heavier duty material.
Lets's face, if you live in Ireland or the UK do we ever really have a season where you can't wear boots? Even in Summer it is never really so warm we can't wear boots.
These ankle boots are literally the most perfect shoe to wear to a festival - these with playsuit or a pair of shorts would be amazing. I love the dusty pink & the light grey the best as I love the soft meets hard look they give off with the light colour and ribbon VS the hardware buckle & studs.

Ruffle Heels

Frill Lace up nude - here - £30  // Frill Suede Blush - here - £30 // 
Frill Suede nude - here - £30 // Frill Lace up blush - here - £30

Ruffles are another huge clothing trend just like ribbons - both are very feminine and have just been major runners in so many brands Spring/Summer campaigns.
These are a great shoe to pick if you want something on trend but not something that looks super 'trendy'. Do you know what I mean? Whilst these are trend driven, this style of shoe will remain quite timeless and look very classy. 

Lace-up Heels

Pink - here - £30 // Black Knotted - here - £30 //
Red Knotted - here - £30 // Nude - here - £30

I love a lace-up heel because I always think they just scream summer to me - and they are always a trend that pops up for the summer. Lace up heels look beautiful with summer dresses bit equally if you don't tie them up so high they look great with rolled mom jeans.

Sock Boots

Beige - here - £35 // Burnt orange - here - £35 //
Pink - here - £35 // Blue - here - £35

I for one hope this trend never, ever, EVER disappears. These are probably my most favourite style shoe that I own. The sock boot trend is a Yeezy trend and the Kardashians love these so you know where their popularity stems from. 
Sock boots literally match with everything - casual jeans and a t-shirt, a dress on a night out - they are so easy to wear.
If you want the easiest to match up pair, go for a nude or beige pair but for a true spring/summer trend injection go for the baby pink or baby blue which are huge colours in the spring 2017 palette.

Bright Coloured Boots

Red lace up - here - £40 // Yellow - here - £40 //
Red - here - £40 //  Purple lace up - here - £40

Everyone needs a nice bright pair of shoes for summer and these jewel toned shades are very in this season, Supermodels and Celebrities alike have been rocking bright coloured boots the past few weeks so you know they are about to blow up. These specific ones also are the on Lycra material AND the stiletto heel which are two other trends.

Denim Ankle Boots

Mid blue denim - here - £35 //  Floral blue denim - here - £40 //
Light blue denim - here - £35

This is another trend you will either love or hate but they are definitely a statement and I love a shoe that is statement.
This is another Kardashian fueled trend - Yeezy has denim boots on the market and Kim was seen rocking over the knee denim boots back as far as June 2016! The ankle version of the denim boot is actually a lot easier to wear than the over-the-knee version and these actually look very cool with basic items like midi vest dresses, leggings etc. basically anything remotely Yeezy-esque!

Phewwww okay, we made it! 
That wraps up some of the biggest shoe trends for SS17 - there are a few more, but these are the biggest and personally my favourites!
Let me know what your favourites are below, I would love to know <3

With Love from,














SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig