Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Wednesday 1 March 2017

The Ordinary Skincare & My Skin Chats

Hi my Loves,

How are you all? I hope you're all having a lovely week!
I'm sure many of you have heard me moaning and complaining about my skin the past few weeks - after Christmas it just decided to play absolute havoc on me. I've not had bad skin for years and I've managed to keep it under control so to see it becoming bad again was extremely difficult for me, especially seeing as I take very good care of my skin, I eat relatively okay and get enough sleep and I had not changed anything at all. 
It had taken me years to get my skin to a good place so when I say I was very upset about my skin playing me, I'm being very honest. It seems so silly to people who have good skin or are used to having good skin to hear people giving out about spots and bad skin, they can't seem to understand but it is extremely hard dealing with bad skin and it really affects your confidence. It got to a point there recently where I wouldn't even want to leave my house or even go near a mirror I was that conscious about it and this might sound dramatic to some people but this is how it makes me  feel.

I am not a person however that cries about things and doesn't try to fix them so I went on a mission to over haul my skin. 
It turned out I had a slight allergy to eggs in the end that was causing my bad skin (typical) so I'm glad I got to the bottom of it. I still decided to over haul my skincare as my current products weren't enough to shift the issues the allergy had left me with like blocked pores, sore under the skin lumps, milia like texture on my forehead and redness, YES I literally got it all.



I had stumbled across a skincare company called Deciem a while back and had been intrigued by their products, especially their line of skincare called The Ordinary. The Ordinary is a brand that provides its customer with great skincare products, including amazing 'wonder' ingredients that cost a fraction of the price in comparison to their competitors. As a skincare junkie, when I saw they stocked products like Hyaluronic Acid, Retinol and Vitamin C (Vitamin C that was packaged CORRECTLY to maintain its properties) that were all under €10, I honestly nearly died. I couldn't believe my eyes - I just couldn't understand how these amazing products were so cheap! Not one of their products was over €20 and these products had ingredients you would pay well over €40 each for!!
So naturally, I placed a substantial order because I just had to test it out for myself - because if these products worked like they should my skincare game would be changed forever.
I am going to individually review each product I bought as they each deserve their own post but I will list to you what I have bought and tried:


Each of these products is amazing, I cannot say enough good things. 
My skin is finally nearly back to looking like itself again and even better in some ways too which I am over the moon about. I cannot recommend that you guys check out this brand enough. They have regimen guides on their website that you can follow to create your own regimen or if you have an questions message either the company or me. You can completely over haul your entire skincare plan giving you top of the range ingredients and benefits with this brand for about €40(ish) for everything and if that isn't a bargain I don't know what is!

You can purchase The Ordinary from The Ordinary website, TRND Beauty or Beauty Bay so whatever is your preference you have tonnes of options.

Once I have my singular reviews up I will link them here on this post - I was just so excited I had to tell you guys about it now!


With Love from,

Rebekah x


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hi! Did you end up trying the vitamin-c-suspension 23 ha spheres? I also have milia prone skin too :(

    ReplyDelete

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig