Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Monday 13 March 2017

How I style my shorter hair | Beachy, Messy Waves

Hi my Loves,

Recently, I took the plunge and got the hair chopped - it was WELL over due believe me!
My hair just looked sad basically, it wasn't that it was damaged or even dry; it was just looking blankety and shapeless - and generally wasn't doing my face shape any justice. I ended up getting about 8- ish inches off which is quite a bit, especially as my hair was long. I've actually had loads of questions about the cut I got and it basically falls just above my chest and there are lots of layers because I wanted lots of volume and movement - I wanted that I rolled out bed and my hair just looks like this type of look. My inspo picture that I took in was actually of Chantel Jeffries (you can find her on Instagram) and I was just OBSESSED with her hair. I got my hair done in Pelo Hairdressing in Newbridge; I've been gone there the past year and half and I won't let anyone else touch my hair now - I just always love how it turns out and that's so important.




So as always when you get a new hairstyle you have to get to grips with how you like wearing it and how you want to style it. When styling my hair Khloe Kardashian & Chrissy Teigan are what I use for inspiration - their hairstylist is Jen Atkins and she gives amazing hair tips. They both rock that messy, beachy look and I just love that.




All images of Khloe are from @khloekardashian on  instagram


So here is what you will need:
- Volumising mousse (I use 
- Heat Protecting spray
- Curl promoter (only if your hair is basically straight like mine)
- 25mm curling tongs
- Dry shampoo
- Hairspray



Got2b Twisted Curling mousse here & VO5 Plump it up Backcombing spray here

L'Oreal Creme de Mousse (Volume & strong hold) here, L'Oreal Heat Styling spray (3 day volume) here , L'Oreal Elnett Precious oil extra strength hairspray here

  1. I add the volumising mousse to my roots & the curling mousse I have to the ends when it is wet, this is just to help my hair take a curl better because it is not naturally wavy.
  2. Next I apply my heat protector spray.
  3. I divide my hair into 3 sections and then your fringe or bangs if you have them.
  4. I start off by curling the bottom layer first. The technique is simple once you get the hang of it - you want to work your way around each section, curling each piece if hair in alternating directions and leaving the bottom 3 inches of each piece uncurled. E.G. curl the first section of hair closest to your face in the direction away from your face -wrap the hair around the barrel but leave the end 3 inches out, wait 10-15 seconds and release the curl. Next piece of hair in the section, take it and wrap it around the curling tongs only this time curl it in the direction facing towards your face. Leave the end 3 inches of your hair loose whilst curling same as above.
  5. Repeat the same steps for each section & remember after you release each curl give it a scrunch in your hand before you move on to the next piece.
  6. If & when you come to your fringe area, curl these pieces in the same way as above but make sure they face in the direction away from your face to flatter it the best.
  7. Back comb any sections you feel need more volume and add dry shampoo to the roots if you want even more volume
  8. Use the hairspray to keep it all in place.
I HOPE THIS ALL MADE SENSE!!!! 
I know it is so hard when I can't show you on video but hopefully you all get what I mean and I helped those of you wondering how I do my hair.

With Love from,

Rebekah x






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Information article, it was very helpful! I simply began in this and I'm attractive more familiar with it better! Thanks, keep doing amazing..
    Amazing Colored Wigs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! This is useful for those who is looking for the Raw Indian Hair Vendors In India. Keep Sharing such information blog.

    ReplyDelete

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig