Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Monday 6 March 2017

Bellamianta Self Tanning Tinited lotion | Yay or Nay (review)

Hi my Loves,

We are going to chat today about Northern Irish Tanning brand 'Bellamianta' - their medium Self Tanning lotion in particular.
I purchased this tan myself after hearing rave reviews from all these golden goddess beauty bloggers - so naturally I was like "I'll have whatever she's using thanks!" Whenever I would ask anyone what tan they were using Bellamianta's name kept cropping up and I know I'm late to the bandwagon with trying it but I was deathly committed to a another tan and couldn't drag myself away from it until I couldn't get my hands on it last week and had to try something new!



So lets start with the facts first:
Price: €20.00
Colour scale: Medium (olive/green undertone)
Foam/liquid: Dark tinted Lotion
Developing time: 2-4 hours
Lasting time claims: up to 7 days
Where to buy: Bellamianta & Cloud10

This tan contains no harsh chemicals, parabens, animal derivatives, alcohol, perfume, G.M.O's or Sulfates. (It's fantastic that it contains none of these things.)

Ingredients wise in this tan you will find fruit extracts such as Mango, Papaya & Goji Berry which work to 'help you get your signature golden glow'. You will also find Bergamot & Vitamin E which helps with firming, toning & anti-aging; Saccharide Isomerate which hydrates the skin making it great for dry skin types and then Shea Butter & Aloe Vera are also listed ingredients.

I picked up this tan in Vista Pharmacy in Naas as it was the closest place to me to pick it up. My snapchat followers will know that I made a rookie move of presuming that their Tinted Lotion & their Rapid Mousse were the same shade in terms of colour however please note that is not the case. Their tinted lotion is a medium colour tan where as their mousse is their dark tan. I will be popping back to get the mousse as a darker tan is more up my street but we can chat about that in another post.

How I like to apply all my tanning products is always before bed and then I'll sleep in a onesie (CUTE, I KNOW) - so I did the exact same with this tan as it states on the bottle that for darkest results leave on overnight.
 It applied smoothly and evenly, with the dark tint making it easy to see where you were applying the tan and it dried down quickly so I could get dressed - which is essential because I hate waiting around for tan to dry before you can get dressed.  
Now, we all know how it is going to bed with a fresh tan layer, the sheets may or may not survive to the tell the tale; however with this tan it does not transfer to my sheets at all and I'm majorly impressed by that! There is sometimes a very small amount of transfer on my onesie but we are talking barely noticeable.
There is also no nasty fake tan smell, this actually has a gorgeous fresh smell.

I like to wash my tan off then first thing in the morning and it looks VERY dark (dare I say almost orange-y) before I wash it off - but after my shower it turns out a lovely sun-kissed glow that looks very natural and I have no streaking or clinging to areas which can happen around my neck and wrists. As a dry skinned gal (mainly because I NEVER moisturize my actual body) I can absolute vouch that this tan is very suited to dry skin and it definitely does not make the worse or promote scaling - if anything I feel that my skin is MORE moisturized than before I tan myself. I also suffer from eczema on my legs and this has not irritated it or caused any flair ups which is extremely important for me. 

The really great thing about this tan though is how it fades. 
When I'm evaluating and reviewing a tan I don't just look at how it applies and looks straight off, it's very important to me how it wears and how easily I can get it off I need to.
This tan wears off so evenly and so naturally. There's no clinging to areas, no scaly patches - the colour just gradually gets lighter - this means you can add another layer on-top if you like without risking patching. If I decide by day 4 I want it gone it can be removed very gently with baby oil and a scrubby glove - no tearing at the skin, small circular motions will break it down and that is a dream to me.

Would I recommend this tan to you guys?
Absolutely.
I think that in particular this medium shade lotion would be amazing for brides especially as there is no transfer to clothing so it which means whites are relatively safe.
If you have dry skin I think this tan will tick the boxes for what you've been looking for in a tan; hydrating and moisturizing and no snake skin.
All in all it is a fantastic tan that really is very luxurious and stays true to it's claims which is a winner for me!

With Love from,

Rebekah x





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig