Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Wednesday 12 October 2016

Kat Von D Lock it Creme Concealer & Lock it Setting powder | REVIEW

Hi my loves,

A few weeks back I shared a few products that I purchased from Kat Von D when she launched her brand in Debenhams. I shared this picture on Instagram and snapchat and I got loads of questions asking what I thought about what I picked up. 




I picked up the Lock it Creme concealer (this is an update on Kat's older Tattoo concealer, aptly named because it could literally cover tattoos!) in the shade 07 'light warm' and the Lock it Setting powder. the powder is translucent and only comes in one shade.
For reference as to whether these products will suit your skin type, I have very normal skin, with my under eyes leaning more so on the dry side.




Price: €26.00

I'm going to come straight out with it, this is my new favourite concealer and THAT is a BOLD STATEMENT. I have not put this down since I got it almost a month ago now. I have reached for no other concealer other than this one.
It is extremely full coverage, more so than Nars 'Radiant Creamy Concealer' or Urban Decay's Naked Weightless concealer' (both of which used to be my go to's) but I get ZERO creasing. None whatsoever. I work on each area at a time and by this I mean I will apply it under my left eye and blend it in, then apply it to the right eye and blend it in because what I will say is that it does dry down and set quite fast and the finish is just phenomenal. I have a very prominent vein under my left eye and this covers it with one layer - and it covers it flawlessly. To blend in this concealer I use a damp Beauty Blender. You can use a brush, but with the consistency of this product because it is quiet thick and full coverage, blending it in with a damp sponge will give you the best and most seamless finish.
The only thing I did struggle with, and this is not a product fault and I suppose in a way it is a good thing - there are so many shades to choose from, with so many undertones that I struggled to figure out what shade I was. I couldn't really find any swatches online at all where someone had swatched them all side by side and I would of liked that. In the end I settled for 07 'light warm' and it is almost the perfect match of the Urban Decay concealer in light warm and that was the shade I was hoping to match, shade 03 would probably be identical.


Without flash (KVD 07 in on the left & Urban Decay Naked skin in Light warm is on the right)


With flash (KVD 07 in on the left & Urban Decay Naked skin in Light warm is on the right)




Price: €26.00

Whilst I do love this powder and have also been using this every day since I purchased it - I don't have such an extreme love for this as I do the concealer. The concealer is in a league of it's own in my opinion.
This is a gorgeous extremely finely milled powder that has an almost light reflecting-esque property to it, but nothing so drastic that you can't use it on your entire face; it's more like a luminosity!
Paired with the concealer your under eye concealer is literally going nowhere all day long. I have also used this to set my face and I've found that I haven't noticed that it's extended my foundations wear any more than any other powders, but I have noticed that my foundation looks far more flawless and airbrushed - this also does not cake or bunch up on the face, nor does it give any flashback which I adore and can be an issue with a lot of flawless face powders. This powder also works perfectly for the baking method. It feels like velvet to touch and blends into the skin perfectly. 

I hope you guys found this review helpful!
Did you pick up any of Kat's products?  If so what did you get and what do you love?

With Love from,

Rebekah x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig