Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Thursday 25 August 2016

My Ride or Die makeup products | Jaclyn Hill Tag - favourite products of all time!


Hello my loves,

The other night I was in bed watching Jaclyn Hill's newest YouTube video (If you don't know you Jaclyn Hill is I'll link her channel >> here !) and basically the video was all about her Ride or Die makeup products. I was so inspired when I watched it, I was like "OH MY GOOODDD I have to do a post on this tag"!
So I gave myself a week to properly think long and hard about my Ride or Die products - so basically makeup products that I could not live without; say if they discontinued them, I'd probably die or If I was going away on holidays I would definitely bring with me because I know that I can always rely on these products to be bomb.com, products I've repurchased a few times!
 I love makeup and I'm always trying out new products because I am a makeup junkie and I enjoy finding and testing new things - but even have my trusty reliable's that I return to and repurchase again and again.

After much deliberating, here are my Ride or Die makeup products:
(I'll try to chronological like face, eyes etc.)



This will be a long post, so get yourself some tea and snacks!<3

Primer:



Now that is one LONG name - I just refer to this as my L'Oreal skin perfecter haha! This primer will smooth out any lines or pore that you have and give you a totally seamless and matte base. I use it on my t-zone area, chin and anywhere I have lines that need filling!
I wear this sometimes even on no makeup days to smooth out pores and my skin looks beyond flawless. Every time I forget to use this before my makeup I see a huge difference, I feel my makeup sits better and lasts long with this product. Plus it has added skincare benefits so it's an all round winner in my book!

Foundation:



This was a hard on to pick, I'm not going to lie. But when I laid it out and thought about it, I kept coming back to this baby. This makeup has been created to make you look flawless on 4K television so if it can do that, it can sure as hell make you look amazing in your normal life and it does just that.
I always get compliments on my makeup when I wear this. It gives a gorgeous satin finish to the skin and it has bulidable coverage so can take you from day to night - which I adore. A little bit goes a long way too. I also adore their shade selection; there is a shade for everyone. Makeup forever work with undertones so you will get the foundation colour AND undertone colour that will match your skin perfect - it has never been so easy to find your perfect match.

Concealer:



This was an easy one for me because I have gone through 3 bottles of this! I always struggle with finding good concealers because I have dry under eyes and everything basically creases for me - but not this concealer! It gives amazing coverage, enough to hide my serious eye darkness and veins - but it does not look heavy or cakey in the slightest - it just looks airbrushed. I also have an issue that a lot of chemist/drugstore concealer have pink undertones and that is just a massive no for my yellow - olive skin tone, so I really appreciate that they have a 'warm' shade selection in their concealers for use yellow skin tones!
My favourite tip is to blend my concealers out with a damp sponge for a flawless finish.

Setting Powder:



I was introduced to this by a gorgeous makeup artist (@merrydollx is her insta handle) when she did my makeup before and since that day I have never looked back. This is my holy grail powder, it is the only powder that doesn't cake on me and make me look like a mucky mess. If you have dry skin you will love this powder. I have other more expensive powders and they all just go creepy and disgusting under my eyes after an hour or cause my foundation to separate, this one never does that.

Blush:



I feel like this is so clique but I don't care because this is my favourite blush by a mile. It's actually one of the only blushes I ever wear. It is the most stunning peachy pink with a gorgeous gold shimmer in it that just helps it melt into your skin and give you a really healthy glow, a glow that doesn't look clown pink or orange. I have seen brands do dupes of this blush but they don't seem to get the gold glitter part right, the dupes of this always end up going patchy or the glitter doesn't melt in naturally with the skin. This is a great every day blush and I feel it suits most skin tones. If you only ever buy one blush - this is my suggestion!

Bronzer:
Too faced chocolate Soleil bronzer



This was another easy one because this is the only bronzer that I have ever trued that has actually worked out for me. Until I purchased this bronzer, every single other one I tried either was way to orange or just went mucky on my skin; by the end of some days I would look like I'd fallen into muck, it really turned me off bronzers for a while to be honest. This bronzer however is everything that all those other bronzers are not - it smells like chocolate firstly, it's a gorgeous true toned brown - not a scrap of orange in sight and it blends out like a dream because the powder is so finely milled - I have NEVER gotten the mucky look form this bronzer. this bronzer also works great as a contour shade if you're in the market for a contour shade.

Highlight:



Another Holy grail for many people but that's because its so god damn good! It's a gorgeous peachy champagne shade and it is just so pigmented. It gives you a gorgeous glow without giving you chunks of glitter all over your face which is a massive winner in my books. It's also a natural enough shade for light to medium skin tones for it to actually look somewhat realistic (you can obviously amp this up at night by adding an extra layer). You could definitely be a happy woman with just this as your only highlighter - it is 100% my most used highlighter!

Brows:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade (my shade is ebony)

I'm going to be honest, before Anastasia's Dipbrow came into my life, my brows were nothing special - I would actually describe them as disgraceful! Because I have such dark hair I always struggled to get a brown that was dark enough but didn't have red undertones. My eyebrows are just slightly off black but there is zero warmth to them so a warm brown eye brow pencil basically looked like I'd gone at mine with an eyeliner. It just looked awful! So after searching for ages I heard about this dipbrow and over 2 years later I have not looked back once. I use this every day I do my makeup in conjunction with Anastasia's duo ended brow brush #12 and that combination is what I owe my good brows to. This product is a holy grail status for me.

Mascara:


This one was another easy one. I have never had a mascara do to my lashes what this mascara does. I know lots of mascaras claim to be false lash effect (and I sometimes wonder what false lashes these marketing people wear to be honest..) but this mascara actually makes you look like you have fake lashes on. I have had people numerous of times ask me am I wearing false lashes when I have this on. It thickens and lengthens while also separating (the latter to a lesser extent). The best way I can describe this mascara is like a push bra for your eyelashes - one of the extremely push up ones! I would be happy to leave the lashes and wear this on a night out, and that is a bold claim!

Eyeshadow palette:

This was a tough category as I am a living breathing eyeshadow junkie. I am firmly under the impression that you can never have enough eyeshadow palettes and that no two brown shades are the same - I have fought with my own mother over that statement many a time!
This is a palette that will honestly suit everyone from a skin tone and eye colour point of view and will also suit both makeup artist and beginners - it's just universal. That is why it's my ride or die - you can create day looks and night looks entirely from this palette without having to dip into other palettes. This is a perfect palette to bring on holidays or weekends away as it will be all you need! The shadows blend like a dream and there is a nice variety of both matte and shimmer; also, it smells (and tastes - don't ask haha) like cocoa powder!

Eyeliner:

This is the blackest of the black eyeliners I have ever tried. It glides on smooth and lasts until I want to take it off - and honestly even after that sometimes it's that long lasting! It never smudges. This is what I will use to create my winged liner and I also use this in my waterline. I always use gel liner in my waterline as kohl pencils tend to just cry out of my eyes. This is makeup bag essential. 

Lipliner:
Huda Beauty lip contours ('Bombshell' is my ride or die!)

Pic source - www.allure.com

I thought I loved Mac lip liners with no competition, UNTIL, I picked up one of Huda's Lip contours and my god I was like 'eh Mac WHO??'. These pencils are 1 million times creamier and long lasting, with no dry crackly feeling - there is no comparison, these are the best lip liners I have ever used. Bombshell is my favourite shade and it is the perfect peachy shade. I wear it with most nude lipsticks but also by itself too. It's my go to every day colour. I promise you, you need these lip pencils in your life, they are worth every cent.

Liquid lipstick:
Lime Crime Velvetines Matte Liquid lipstick ('Bleached' is my Ride or Die)

Okay, this was up there with how hard I found to pick an eyeshadow palette - possibly even harder. I picked bleached by Lime Crime for a few reasons - Lime Crime debatably makes one of the best, if not THE best liquid lip formula. Their colours are not drying and they are totally pigmented, the colour selection is also beyond amazing; from nudes, to red, to gold, they have it all. Bleached is the most gorgeous peachy nude, perfect for everyday but also amazing with a smokey eye at night. I love to pair this with the Bombshell Huda Beauty liner. I could safely say I would be happy to wear this combo every day.



Phewwwww, see I told you all that would be a long one!
I hope you all enjoyed my Ride or Die round up - it was a big challenge for a makeup junkie like me!
I want to know what YOUR ride or die makeup products are! Once you've finished reading leave me some of your products in the comment section - I love reading people's all time, all star products!

With Love from,

Rebekah x



















SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great post lots of products I want to try now especially the naked concealer because I do have the same problems as you. I would have loved if you included prices tho maybe next time ?

    ReplyDelete

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig