Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Tuesday 10 May 2016

My favourite Mac brushes ♡


Hello my loves,

I want to do a talk through on my favourite Mac Brushes today. You all loved when I did a list of the Mac products that I think are worth spending those hard earned dollar bills on, so this is a similar concept! I'm a big believer on the fact that your tools really have an affect on the look and application of your makeup.



I believe that you are better to invest in a few amazing brushes than piles of mediocre ones that aren't doing you justice. The thing about Mac brushes is that they are expensive in comparison to other brands yes, and I agree you don't need every Mac brush, BUT there are some that are worth every penny. Here are my favourites, that I would recommend:

Mac #217
(eyeshadow blending brush)




This specific brush has cult status it's that good and that popular.
This is a blending brush for ensuring that your eyeshadow is seamlessly blended with no harsh lines.
It makes blending super easy even for beginners. It's not as soft as other blending brushes due to it's densely packed fibre and this is the reason I feel that it's so good - it allows there to still be control over your blending. Very soft brushes blending brushes can be messy and unprecise.
 Buy here or here

Mac #263
(small angled brush)




The one of the best brushes for both eyeliner AND brows - so it's a great multi-tasker brush.
I personally use this as my eyeliner brush, I find it helps me get the sharpest, most precise wing. It also helps me to keep my wing from getting big and out of control (we've ALL been there!)
Buy here or here

Mac #130
(short duo fibre brush)




This is brush that will give you a fantastic airbrush finish. Duo fibre brushes are amazing in general for giving a Photoshop finish and this one particularly because it's small enough to work around all your little areas on your face (edge of nose, under the eyes). The small size allows you more controlled blending & allows you to hang on to your coverage rather than blending it all away.
I also find this brush great for blending out my cheek contour as it is small enough to keep the product excatly where I placed it (which is what you always want when blending contour!).
Buy here or here

Mac #170
(rounded slant brush)




The perfect contour brush for your entire face - especially if you use thick cream/concealer like products for your contour (like Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit etc.)
It buffs the product into your skin without moving it around too drastically. The angle shape of this brush works well with the angles of your own face so this makes it so simple to use, you will literally pop it under your cheek or jawbone and watch it just hug and sweep the curves of your face.
Buy here or here

I hope this was helpful - I know Mac has so many brushes and going in looking for them is honestly the most confusing thing in the world no matter what your makeup level!
As always, any request that you have for posts, leave them in the comments :)

With love from,

Rebekah x♡





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig