Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Friday 9 October 2015

My budget friendly skincare regime ♡

Hello my loves,

A question that I ALWAYS get asked by people is what do I do to keep my skin clear and in good condition. I'm actually ridiculously flattered when people say this to me because I suffered very badly with my skin for maybe 4 years on and off - and even now I have days where I hate my skin!

Here's a little background on my skin: 
As a 13-17 year old I used to get really unsightly little bumps all over my whole face; mainly my forehead, and they were so bad they used to have to be treated by prescription tablets. That was the only way that I could get rid of them. With these tablets however, I developed a sun/uva/uvb allergy and then every time I would go out in the sunlight I would get a horrible rash again that would have to cured by more topical creams etc. I had a BAD time and I had bad skin. After 2 years with a dermatologist and trying every cream you could think of, I started to get a course of medical microdermabrasion and that was actually what cured my skin issues in the end. It is a skin treatment that I would recommend to everyone who is suffering with their skin in a way that cleansers/exfoliants/toners are not fixing.

So now that I have my skin in a some what stable condition, my skin care regime basically deals with maintaining my skin and keeping it problem free. I use budget/chemist/drugstore products for my skincare - I've tried all the expensive brands too, but the ones that I'm going to talk about now are the ones that I have seen the best results with even in comparison with higher end brands. 
The only high end product that I use is the Glamglow 'supermud' face mask which I will talk about below. 



*Before we start I want to mention that while these products work for me - they may not necessarily be the best for you, every single person's skin is different. I have normal/sensitive skin that can be prone to dehydration so please use this as a guide!*

Morning: 

|PRODUCTS|

- Ultra pure rose water & witch hazel toner.
- Good Things Manuka Honey daily moisturiser.



I'm pretty simple in the morning.
I don't like to scrub or rub my skin because as I have sensitive skin, any harsh motion will leave my skin red & blotchy and I don't need that before I have to go to work!
  • As a cleanser for my face I will splash with cold water & then I will use my toner to give my skin a little quick clean and freshen it up. The rosewater in this toner will calm any irritations or spots you may see appearing and the witch hazel will fight them.
  • I then use my Manuka honey moisturiser, which smells divine and is light enough but still keeps my skin moisturized against air-con etc. 


Night:

|PRODUCTS|

- Eye make-up remover (I'm not fussy about this, I use any Nivea ones)
- The Body Shop Vitamin E cream cleanser
- Ultra pure rose water & witch hazel toner
- Good Things Manuka  Honey Daily moisturiser.

So my night time regime isn't extremely fancy either. 
  • I will always start by taking off my eye makeup so it doesn't go on to my face and I end up scrubbing my skin to get it off. 
  • Then I will double cleanse with my Body Shop Vitamin E cleanser. I can some times be guilty of wearing a lot of makeup and setting it so it doesn't move, ever - so I like to cleanse twice. First I'll massage the cleanser on to my skin and using a cotton pad remove the makeup. Then I will squeeze some more of the product on to 2 more clean cotton pads and using circular motions I will go all over my face till there is no makeup left.
  • I use my toner again next and this really helps to close the pores and stops dirt and bacteria getting in to any areas it also helps to heal any existing blemishes. I apply my moisturiser then again.




Special Products (2 or 3 times a week)

|PRODUCTS|

- Lacura 'Caviar Illumination 3 minute mask'
- Nip+Fab Glycolic instant fix mask
(I switch it up with these, I don't use all three of these three times a week)

- Nip+Fab Glycolic scrub fix
- Facial Brush (Penneys/Primark do a cheap one too)
- T.C.P
I love face scrubs and anything microdermabrasion is music to my ears and that's exactly what the Nip+Fab scrub is. It really helps to lift any dead skin cells and leave your skin feeling super soft. 

  • After I cleanse my skin in my night time regime, I will do a gentle scrub on my face 3 times a week roughly. Sometimes for a little extra once a week, I will take my facial brush and further rub the product into the skin with little circular movements.I find that this step really helps to keep my skin both clear and soft.
  • After I scrub my face and I've gotten rid of that top layer of old skin, I always use a mask. After you exfoliate is the prime time to reap the benefits of whatever mask you use. The pores are opened and the skin is prepped to accept product. I alternate between masks. The Nip+Fab Glycolic instant fix mask IS my favourite (I mean if it's good enough for Kylie Jenner..) but I do use Glamglow when my skin is being very bold.  
  • What I want to say regarding Glamglow is that it is a MUD MASK, the job of a mud mask is to draw out impurities. Therefore I know that some people will actually notice their skin is worse after mud masks. This is only because the mask has drawn out the impurities and they should disappear quickly. If you keep on top of mud masks they should prevent you from ever having that impurity build up and you will have no issues after using them after a few times!
  • A new face mask I actually picked up was by Lacura in Aldi! It is a caviar illuminating face mask & so far I am impressed! It cost me €8.99 and it is supposed to be a very good dupe for a La Prairie cream!
  • As I mentioned above I can get very dehydrated skin, so along with drinking lots of water, I like to apply an Argan facial oil to my skin once a week. This keeps your skin soft, supple and free of dryness.
  • If I do get spots, I actually don't use any of the so called 'spot treatments' I use diluted T.C.P solution. A spot is a form of bacteria so I think the best way to treat that is with an antibacterial. Ye,s this stuff stinks and that is why I will only use it at night, but I promise you it is the best thing for clearing your spots ASAP. I swear by it. 


Okay guys so there you have it. This is my skincare regime. It's nothing fancy but I do have little tips and maybe some of the products that I love could work amazing for some of you too!
Let me know below if you'd like more information on any product, or even if you've used any of these products let me know how they've worked for you!

With Love from,

Rebekah x♡








SHARE:

2 comments

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig