Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Tuesday 7 March 2017

My favourite MAC lipsticks | The Nude Edition

Hi my Loves,

I have just recently been reminded of my love for lipstick, the actual standard bullet type lipsticks I mean! I am a huge Liquid lipstick fan and to be honest they are all I've been wearing the past year probably. Last week I was cleaning up my makeup area & found myself tidying my lipstick drawer. I got to playing with some of them and swatching them and I have to say I've re-found my love for the bullet lipstick!
MAC lipsticks are some of my all time favourites - yes a little pricey, but there is just something so glamorous about a MAC lipstick and I adore the vanilla smell of them so much!



When it comes to MAC lipstick (and lipsticks in general to be honest) I tend to lean towards nude lipsticks. In my eyes, no two nudes are the same and I will fight people on this! Every time I bring a lipstick home my mother will say:
 "Oh but don't you have something just like that?" 
NO! 
Each shade is special and unique in its own way! I will justify it till the day I die!!
The nude lipstick obsession and trying to find the perfect nude all really stemmed from the Kardashian & Jenner clan and any time I heard they were wearing a specific lipstick, well I just had to have it in my collection too - so I am blaming them for my addiction!

So this leads me on to today's post - my favourite NUDE MAC lipsticks. If you want to reference my skin shade to yours I would be a MAC NC20 at my palest and when I am tanned like in my arm swatch below I am an NC37! 
Lets get right into it:

From L-R Honeylove, Faux, Velvet Teddy, Kinda Sexy, Spirit & Twig


Honeylove (matte finish)
MAC describes this shade as a light beige with a rose tone.

This is the lightest of the nudes I own & it is a warm toned nude. Very Pale nudes rarely suit me (and very few people for that matter) and make me look very ill because of my olive skin tone and I have very pigmented lips naturally making light nudes look just that little bit off. If I'm honest this shade can even wash me out sometimes but I counteract this by wearing a slightly darker lip liner and it looks amazing. If you are on the hunt for a light natural nude, this is definitely something you will love - fair skinned girls will also be major fans.

Faux (satin finish)
MAC describes this shade as a muted mauve pink.

This is more pinky nude and more so a shade closer to your lip colour which is actually my favourite type of nude and the type that is easiest to wear on a day to day basis with no fuss but you still look polished.
This is a gorgeous rosey nude and the satin finish means that it is comfortable on the lips. This one was purchased in my obsession days of trying to find the exact colour Kylie Jenner wore on her lips daily (you know before she came out about the lip filler and had us all thinking it was honestly just good lip liner and lipstick technique....) - it's the perfect type of your lips but better shade and very Kylie.

Velvet Teddy (matte finish)
MAC describes this as a deep toned beige.

I literally spent weeks trying to get my paws on this when Kylie Jenner supposedly said she wore this - it was sold out everywhere but I was determined to have it.
This is definitely a more pinky/brown toned nude and if you are fair this could come across as a darker nude on your lips. This is a very 90's esque colour and I love these type of shades.

Kinda Sexy (matte finish)
MAC describes this as a neutral pinky-rose.

This is definitely a peachy pinked nude (can I possibly put any more colour spins on 'nude' haha!) but is still very natural. This can play quite warm and on cooler, fairer skin tones can pull coral peach rather than pink peach so just be mindful of that. This is a good lipstick to pair with any look as it is not to overpowering and compliments a smokey eye lovely.

Spirit (satin finish)
MAC describes this as a muted pinky-beige brown.

So it's a little bit of everything according to MAC. This is the darkest nude I own from them - this a very like Velvet Teddy, probably two notches darker and a stronger, richer brown base. This is definitely one if those brown toned nudes, again very 90's esque. I think this shade is best suited to medium skin tones in order to get a true nude lip but if you are fair and don't mind a slightly darker lip this will of course work for you too. 

Twig (satin finish)
MAC describes this as a soft muted brownish-pink.

So out of all the shades, this is definitely the most mauve-y toned of them all. If you own MAC's Whirl lip liner, these two pair gorgeously together. This is another one of those colours that would lean more on the your lips-but-better spectrum, although this is probably slightly darker it would enhance a lot of people's lip colour. It is a gorgeous colour for everyday wear and gives that polished effect that Faux gives too. This shade is richer and deeper toned than Faux.


I hope you guys found this helpful! It can be confusing when you go into MAC and see all these colours, it's hard to know what to ask for or what you even might want - so hopefully I have helped some of you out! You can purchase MAC from MAC's online store if you are from the U.K or the U.S - House of Fraser also now carry MAC which you can order online as well as Arnotts (in-store only) & Brown Thomas in-store & online for us Irish gals.

With Love from,

Rebekah x





SHARE:

1 comment

  1. It is an amazing post.I have found really useful.Keep up the good work.haute her everyday lipsticks tips

    ReplyDelete

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig