Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Thursday 2 March 2017

L'Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation | Review

Hi my Loves,

I hope you are all well! 
Today's post is all about L'Oreal's newest foundation - The Total Cover Foundation.
If you follow me on snapchat (it is @rebekahwithlove if you don't!) I am sure that you've already  heard me speaking about this foundation & how it is the best thing since sliced bread BUT I wanted to write a more in-depth review because I've still had a lot of questions on it plus, not everyone is a snapchat fan!

The Foundation claims
(This is from boots.com website)
"Discover Infallible Total Cover Foundation for a flawless, full coverage base that lasts up to 24 hours. The zero compromise, camouflage formula covers everything from blemishes, redness and tattoos without the overload, while the matte finish leaves you with an even, shine-free base.
No compromise. No transfer. No overload"

You can buy it from here or here and it retails for roughly €10.99.

Shade Range
 In the UK & Europe this foundation is available in 7 shades. (The US has a different bottle and different shade names.)
Could it have more shades? Yes most definitely. The lightest shade isn't all that light to be honest. I am an NC15 (with olive undertones) in MAC for reference and the lightest shade 9. light sand is actually a smidge too dark for me but I can make it work with a lighter concealer. There is only one shade for darker skin tones too which is a little disappointing.

These are the shades:
  • 9 Light Sand
  • 10 Porcelain
  • 12 Natural Rose
  • 21 Golden Sand
  • 24 Golden Beige
  • 32 Amber
  • 33 Cappuccino  
Shades 9 Light sand & 21 Golden sand


Skin type best suited to?
I have normal/combination skin which leans more to slightly dry and dehydrated than it would to oily and this foundation sat on my skin perfectly. As I mentioned above, I think that this foundation will work for oily skin you just might need to powder your skin whereas I did not have to. As for dry skinned girls - this probably wouldn't be my first choice of foundation to recommend to you if your skin is extremely dry in terms of flaking or cracking etc. as it is a matte foundation in will cling to those dry areas. If you lean towards slightly dry that is nothing too drastic, this will work perfectly just make sure to moisturize before hand (as you should with every foundation BTW and prime if you want to.)



My Thoughts
This foundation has not left my face since I bought it almost 4 weeks ago - it has been the only foundation I have used since then and it is my new favourite even above my high end foundations!
 I initially bought the lightest shade first and then bought my tanning shade 21 Golden Sand I loved it that much. 
This foundation is incredibly full coverage, incredibly matte and incredibly long wearing (I've not ever worn a foundation for 24 hours in my life - but it lasted me 12-14 hours which is a dream) - all whilst still feeling light on your skin. It completely covered my blemishes and spots, my pores and my ridiculously dark under-eyes and left me with the option of using no concealer which I have never experienced before. I also did not have to use any powder as the matte finish sets itself and truly does not need to be set unless your skin leans oily and then probably only in the t-zone area anyway.
The best way to apply this foundation is with a buffing brush in my opinion and to work in sections of your face (e.g. Dab some on your right cheek and nose then blend it in, dab some on your left cheek then blend it in etc.) as it dries down quickly and can be hard to work with if your aren't quick enough with your blending - and once this sets, it is going NOWHERE.
If full coverage is not your thing this foundation is not for you - whilst it looks flawless on the skin it will look like you are wearing makeup, however it does not look heavy or cakey.
I am extremely impressed with this foundation - I did not expect to love it as much as I did and now I can't be without it!

I hope you guys found this review helpful! If there is anything else you would like me to review please let me know and I can look into it for you!

With Love from,

Rebekah x







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig