Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Monday 10 October 2016

Yo Tea 'Teatox' Review

Hi my loves,

I want to start off with long time no chat, which I hate - I have these M.I.A habits I need to kick and I am trying! I'm always so active over on Instagram and even Snapchat so if you ever need a fix you know you can find me there.

Today we are going to chat about the Therapie Clinic exclusive Yo Tea teatox. This product was sent to me to try out, however I am choosing to do this review of my own accord because I like keep you all informed! This will be a very in detail review.
 I feel particularly for heath products in detail reviews are good ways of seeing breakdowns and results but also answering questions that you cannot find on the products website.


Yo Tea is sold in packets of 30 individually teabags (super handy if you need to throw some in your handbag) meaning ideally you will take 2 cups a day (morning and evening) for 15 days. The product claims the results of detoxifying your body, boosting your metabolism and increasing energy levels. You take this tea in combination with a healthy balanced diet and regular exercise (this means no McDonald's unfortunately..)

I want to first discuss the ingredients of the tea with you guys. The tea contains 100% natural ingredients. This being said, before I list the ingredients I want to stress how important it is to have a google of ingredients (webmd.com is usually very informative) or speak to a doctor if you are taking any medication before taking health supplements or alternatives of any kind. In most cases there is no issue, however some can cause bad interactions and I always believe you are better to be safe than sorry.


        The ingredients are:
  • Oolong green tea
  • Lotus Leaf
  • Poria
  • Alisma Rhizome
Oolong green tea

This tea is rich in antioxidants - the reason for this is that it is actually a tea that is blend between both black tea and green tea (the difference is purely in it's processing). Oolong green tea is mainly used to improve mental awareness, prevent heart disease, treat obesity and promote weight loss, lower high cholesterol and treat skin issues like eczema.

Lotus Leaf

Lotus leaves are used to: increase blood flow & encourage a lowering of blood pressure, reduce anxiety & stress levels, help with weight loss by increasing your metabolism, detoxing your body and used for anti bacterial functions. It also helps to slow the absorption of carbohydrate and fat.

Poria

Poria is used mainly for its diuretic effect - this aids detox. It also helps to lower your blood sugar levels.

Alisma Rhizome

Alisma Rhizome can lower blood pressure and stabilize. blood sugar levels.

My Results:

So first off my reasons for taking this tea were not for weight loss as such, basically I believe I am possibly gluten intolerant so I wanted to detox out my body and start a gluten free (ish) diet after the 2 weeks. My main reason was therefore to use this tea as a detox tool. Also, if you know me personally you know that I suffer from a right shoulder injury that restricts my movement and effects my nerves, this leads to me not being able to exercise or really use my right arm at all - this leaves me extremely sluggish and very blah - not being able to release energy is frustrating and can take a toll on your moods in a negative manner and can also negatively impact on your metabolism and energy levels. BASICALLY, I felt my 'Get-up-and-go' had got up and gone!
 So my 3 reason were:

1. Detoxing
2. Improving my energy Levels
3. Increasing my metabolism

I want to point out that I was of course skeptical about this product working as I am with all products that promise me a flat tummy - I'm the type of person I need to try things to believe them! I have tried MANY weight loss, metabolism boosting, appetite suppressing health products; I'm a big believer in natural remedies and some have worked and others have not. Not everything works the same on everyone.
After 2 days I noticed a huge difference is both my mood and my energy levels. I had more energy than I'd had in months and I felt I had so much more get up and go in me. I also felt a lot more at ease and calmer; in general I felt better. This effect remained the entire teatox and also has remained now that I am finished it. For me, this is enough to sing the praises of this product!
Bloating was also something I noticed a marked difference in - again after 2 days I looked as though I had a flat tummy which is something I'm not used to seeing on myself! Clothes fitted better and my stomach felt like it was working some what smoother and better by about day 6. I did notice the laxative effect taking place around the 6 to 8 hour point for me BUT only if I ate bad or junk food, if I was sticking to the healthy balanced eating then I had no issues with it. I learned this after the first week and then at the second week I tried to really make a conscious decision to eat good!

Final Thoughts:

I would highly recommend Yo Tea to you if you are suffering from any of the things or similar that I listed above. Even if you are perfectly happy with your weight this tea is great to just give your body a kick and help you to feel all round better - who doesn't want to feel 100%! I also think that this would be great to reduce bloating if you have a big event approaching and would be great to help kick start a weight loss journey if you want to lose weight. You do see marked results and I think that this is essential if your are trying to lose weight.
Taste wise this tea is very easy to drink. If you like Green tea you will have no problem with this - it is actually not as strong as basic green tea making it very easy to drink. You can sweeten it if necessary however.
If you are interested in buying Yo Tea, you can get it from Therapie Clinics nationwide and also from www.therapieclinic.ie. It retails at €29.95 for your 15 day supply!
If you have any questions that I have not answered, please leave them in the comments below and I will try to answer you as best as I can. Alternatively, call any of the Therapie Clinics with any questions; they have the most lovely staff and they will be able to help you with any queries!

With Love from,

Rebekah x



IMPORTANT TO NOTE

The ingredients above and combined help to promote a detox or a cleanse of the system if you will. This said a cleanse and a detox usually involves a laxative effect which as stated on the back of the packet takes place 8 hours after consumption. Now, I am not a doctor but I do want to touch on the subject of taking this tea with birth control pills, if you are concerned about the laxative effect interfering with your pill please speak to your GP or a Pharmacist even. I myself take birth control tablets so I obviously researched this topic heavily. Birth control pills are absorbed into your system after 6 hours therefore if you ARE on birth control pills the best way to take the tea along side it would be as follows: Take your first cup of Yo tea at 8 am and take your second cup at lunch time as opposed to bed time so around 1 pm; as the tea has a delayed laxative effect of 8 hours by 10 pm on you will have no issues in safely taking your pill and you can be reassured that there will be no interference. I am obviously being very pedantic about this but it is important to take note of these things if you are taking any product with a laxative inducing effect. 










SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Therapy Clinic store do not stock this product anymore..
    Where can i buy it please.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more. best kona coffee bean to buy in 2020

    ReplyDelete
  3. 그것은 완전히 흥미로운 블로그 게시입니다. 저는 종종 Diwali Bumper Lottery에 대한 내 프로젝트의 도움을 위해 귀하의 게시물을 방문하고 귀하의 슈퍼 쓰기 기능은 진정으로 나를 깜짝 놀라게했습니다. 출장

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can set up my new idea from this post. It gives in depth information. Thanks for this valuable information for all, hold'em

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a nice Product! This Yo Tea is help to boost our metabolism and also increasing our energy levels. Before this I am using Best Flat Tummy Tea. I am definitely trying this Yo Tea.

    Thank You for Sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Rebekah With Love brand offers beautiful and unique handcrafted jewelry pieces that make for great gifts or personal accessories

    ReplyDelete

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig