Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Monday 14 September 2015

Glamorous makeup that stays all day long (Highlight + contour tips) ♡

Hello my loves,

I have no excuse and I'm so sorry that I've been so inactive over the past few weeks. I actually smashed my iPhone and felt so lost and unable to really do any technological stuff without it. I felt like I'd lost an arm! I finally got my life (phone) sorted so I am back and I'll keep things regular.


 Soooo, a few weeks ago I attended a gorgeous wedding in Co. Meath for my boyfriend's sister. The bride was just stunning and the whole day was amazing so I had a brilliant time :)

I love any excuse to get dressed up and do my makeup & hair so that's what I did this weekend.
Typically I don't do super glam makeup in my everyday standard life so I really enjoyed getting to spend some time to do my face! I said I would do a quick breakdown of the makeup I used because the products & techniques I used are perfect for any occasion where you want to look glamorous and you need your makeup to stay in place on your face for the entire day (or night or both!)

This is the look that I went for:


 | Product List |

[FACE]

- Mac Skin base as my primer.
 - Makeup Forever Ultra HD foundation.
 - Mac Studio finish concealer in NC30 to highlight & NW45 to contour.


- Urban Decay naked skin concealer in Light warm to extra brighten under my eyes.
- Rimmel London Match perfection loose powder to set all my light coloured concealer 
- Bourjois chocolate bronzing powder to set all my contoured areas.
- Urban decay naked illuminate to highlight my cheekbones.
- Mac Fix + to set everything one more time & make it look natural.

(Tips)

* I always pick up the concealer out if the tub/palette & warm it up on the back of my hand before I apply it to my face. If you take it by brush straight from the compressed tub or pan it won't spread as easily across your face, & you'll end up with caking. This tip REALLY keeps it natural.
* Whatever I use to blend my concealer I always spray my sponge or brush with a setting spray. This helps not only to set them but to blend them easier. 
* Usually I will blend out my light highlight with a damp beauty blender, then I will blend my contour with a medium sized blending brush for precision.
* Once all my concealer is blended I'll bounce my beauty blender over everything to make sure it looks seamless.



[EYES & BROWS]

- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip-brow pomade in 'ebony'.
- Inglot eye makeup base.
- Too faced chocolate bar palette: I used 'Salted caramel' to warm up my crease & 'Milk chocolate' to deepen it a little more. The gold 'Creme Brulee' was my lid colour, 'White chocolate' to highlight under my brows & 'Semi sweet' smudged into my upper and lower lash line.
- Bourjois brown kohl liner in my waterline
- L'oreal super liner pen to line my upper lash and flick it out.
- Collection 2000 lengthening mascara.
-Lilly Lashes 3D mink lashes in style 'Miami'.


(Tips)

* Always use an eye-shadow base, it helps to keep the colours in place and shows their true colour.
* For even more intensity spray your eye-shadow brush with Mac fix+ before you dip into your eye-shadow. This stops the eye-shadow from falling out on your cheeks.

[LIPS]

- Mac Soar lip liner all over my lips.
- L'oreal infallible mega gloss in the shade 'Disco Ball'.

Keep in mind, this is a very glamorous look, so feel free to leave out some bits and pieces if you so wish of course.


This is the dress I wore & it's from Virgo's Lounge, it was a sale dress called 'Maria' so I'm not sure if it's still sold, but they get things back in when they are very popular so if you like it keep an eye out! <3
My bag is Penneys finest.

I hope you all enjoyed this! If you like makeup tutorial post let me know and I will do more in-depth ones :)

With love from,

Rebekah x♡




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig