Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Monday 17 August 2015

Say goodbye to dark under eye circles ♡

Hello my loves,

It's been a while and I am sorry:( Work was very hectic for me the past 2 weeks. I work in fashion retail so when it comes to seasons changing I get VERY busy and when I come home I am literally fit for bed. This is actually what inspired me to do this particular post today. Lately, I've been noticing very heavy, dark circles under my eyes. Have you ever noticed that you would put concealer on under your eyes, but the amount needed to cover the darkness would be so thick and obvious that it would actually draw more attention to your dark circles? I'm sure at some stage of your lives you can all relate to this. So I am here to share with you my tips for covering and concealing them pesky dark circles.

What you will need:




1. An eye cream (Any will do I love the no.7 protect and perfect eye cream)
2. Primer (Mac's skin base is my number 1.)
3. Foundation (I'm road testing Makeup Forever ultra HD foundation at the moment)
4. A peach/orange concealer, depending on your skin tone. (Stay with me on this, this is the magic product. A few brands stock orange concealer, I used to get mine from NYX, but it's out of stock everywhere that I look. So Mac is your best option and you can use Mac studio finish corrector in either Light peach or pure orange. Also check out makeup forever. ) If you are fair-light skin I recommend going with light peach as it will be easier to blend out, but once you fall in the medium-dark category, I'd go with the orange & orange is what I use.
5. A concealer one-two shades lighter than your skin tone. (Something not too thick but with good creamy coverage, My 2 faves are The Maybelline dark circle eraser and the Urban Decay naked skin weightless concealer.)
6. A beauty sponge (beauty blender, Real techniques etc..)
7. A loose powder (I use one the Inglot loose powder)


(So you can get a good idea of what the final result can do, these are my dark circles. I have pretty dark ones, with some visible veins too) 



The steps:

1. Apply your regular moisturizer as you always would and apply your eye cream to the eye area. A general rule is to apply it on the the bone area of your eyes so your brow bone & then your bone just under your lower lash line.  Applying it to these places optimizes the product. Pat it in gently with your ring finger. This hydrates under your eye providing a good base for your concealer and stopping under your eye looking dry.
2. Apply your primer to your face as normal & follow this with a layer of your foundation.
3. Next, the orange concealer. This works on the colour correction method. To correct something we use it's opposite or complimentary colour on the colour wheel, so in the case of purple, we will correct with orange. 
What you want to do is pick up a small amount on your brush and with a very light hand apply the orange concealer wherever you see darkness under your eyes. It is essential that you use a light hand  or you will find it very hard to blend out in the next step.


4. Now we are going to cover that orange base we have laid down with our concealer that is 1-2 shades lighter than our own skin tone. Pick up your concealer of choice on a clean brush and begin to pat the concealer over where we placed the orange. Do not drag the product because you will move it around and remember we placed it on particular areas for a reason so keep your product where you wanted it. Continue to pat the product over the orange until you can no longer see the orange visibly.
5. Take your beauty sponge, dampen it and squeeze out the excess water, and again gently pat over the concealers you've applied. This will help to make sure the concealers are blended together seamlessly and there are no tell tale orange signs.
6. Using your Damp beauty blender from the previous step, dip the pointed end of it into some loose powder and begin to press this powder under your eyes. This will lock down the concealer and all your work to make sure that is does not budge for the day & you will not have to reapply.




Et viola, that is it. 
I know reading this it can seem like it is a lot of steps and will be very time consuming but I promise you that once you have done it once or twice you will fly through it and it really does work. If you try this let me know how you get on, I love getting comments letting me know how my tips have helped you guys..:)

With Love from,

Rebekah x♡
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great post, I really need to get my hands on some of that magic orange concealer! I have seen people use red lipstick, but that looks much better. Can't wait to try out your tips, wouldn't have thought of layering a colour corrector under a regular concealer. xx

    Sarah | www.seriouslyshallow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The idea of lipstick can work, but it's so oily that if you put that under your eye it'd be super hard to set or mix with other products, orange concealer is my favourite:) So happy you liked my tips, let me know how you get on :)<3 xxx

      Delete

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig