Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Thursday 9 July 2015

Makeup for those sick days


Hello my loves,




So over the past week I have not been well unfortunately. I have had the summer cold from hell, mixed with a chest infection, mixed with everything thing else. Basically, my eyes were watering & crying, my nose was red and my skin literally lacked life, I looked like deathBUT I still had to go to work. I won't lie, when I'm very bad I'll forfeit the makeup even for work because I can't bring myself to do it. On the days however that I do feel like I'm recovering somewhat, this is the makeup that I will lean towards (we'll get to the little bottle in the picture above in a minute):






The goal isn't to look covered in makeup & over processed. The goal is to look fresh, healthy & pulled together. This picture was taken when I was sick, so it's a true example of how these tips work.
 I know, like me, you probably just want to hide in bed when you're sick but sometimes that isn't an option & that doesn't mean you need to look like you just rolled out of bed.

So without further delay, here is my sick day makeup survival kit:

  1. It's all about the base in this situation. Use a good moisturizer. I am LOVING the Vitamin C day cream by the Body Shop, this is literally a wake-me-up in a jar. You can check it out here
  2. Skip out on the foundation. If you are sneezing your nose is going to lose foundation after 10 minutes, and it will be so noticeable that you've a Rudolph nose going on. Use a BB/CC/Tinted moisturizer cream. This will look more natural, so if you are sneezing & remove some makeup, it won't be a dreadful difference to the the tone and texture of the rest of your skin. My favourite one at the moment is the Bare Minerals Complexion rescue, which you can buy here. I will actually do a dedicated blog post to this soon because I feel that it deserves one. I bought this specifically because I was sick and forgot my makeup and couldn't deal with catching myself looking dead in my work mirrors. The Bare Minerals sales assistant popped it on my face and I went from dead to alive in about 1 minute. This IS a product you should invest in. Conceal any blemishes with your favourite concealer, I love the Maybelline 'The eraser eye'.This is one of the best formulas on the market for a drugstore concealer.
  3. I'd also forget about eye-shadow if you've watering eyes. I find that a well groomed brow can frame the face enough that you can go without eye makeup. I use Anastasia Beverly hills dip-brow pomade in ebony to fill in my sparse areas & give even shape.. This is the best eyebrow product on the market in my opinion. I buy it from Beauty Bay & shipping from here is generally free, keep an eye on their offers.
  4. Waterproof mascara is a MUST for obvious reasons, unless you like panda eyes, then go ahead!
  5. For an instant boost of health pop the tiniest bit of cream highlighter on your cheekbones, on your inner corner of your eyes and under your brow. TRUST me, this will fake you health in a swipe. I love so many highlighters but one of my favorites is MAC cream colour base in pearl. Keep it to creamy highlighters for this look. Powders will enhance the skins dehydration & look fake.
  6. When I'm sick my lips get dry so lipstick requires too much effort to keep perfect. I stick to a good clear lip balm to give my lips sheen & keep them moisturized but I don't have to worry about colour issues. My favourite is Dr.Lipp which I get here.
  7. My last tip & this is my favourite, once your makeup is done, spritz your face with the Body Shop vitamin E face mist. This stuff is amazing. It will freshen your face up completely, giving you more life again, doesn't disrupt your makeup and you can re-mist during the day. Added bonus: if you've a temperature it cools you down & It smells DIVINE,




I hope these tips help you in someway if you are sick and you have to face the world for work etc:( If you are, my best wishes that you get well soon! <3

With love from,

Rebekah x

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig