Beauty and Fashion blog by Rebekah O'Leary

Monday 27 July 2015

Flawless foundations for all budgets ♡

Hello my loves,

Today I'm going to be talking about my top 3 foundations at the moment. These are the three I've been loving and have been reaching to equally over the past 3 months. I have one drugstore/chemist brand, one mid-range brand and then one high-end brand. I wanted to cover all budgets in this post. Your base is so important, I believe it's THE most important part of your makeup, so it's worth while getting it right!
So without any further delay, lets go..:)



Drugstore/Chemist Brand:

L'oreal Infallible 24hrs stay fresh foundation.
Coverage: Medium
Price: €13.99
Where to buy: Boots

I literally receive compliments on my skin each time that I wear this foundation. The coverage is medium but could be built to full if you layered it. Although it is medium coverage it does not look cakey on the skin, which is very rare to find drugstore-wise. It gives a demi matte appearance so your skin looks like skin, and not like a mask.
This is my favourite drugstore foundation on the market at the moment and I have tried and tested them all. I like to apply this with a damp beauty blender as I feel that it really works well with this formula and I get a flawless finish.

Mid-range brand:

Illamasqua Skin base foundation
Coverage: Medium
Price: €30.50
Where to buy: Debenhams.com

I first time tried this foundation when I went to London over a year ago and I fell in love with it. The amazing thing about Illamasqua is the various shades that they stock. They have pink undertones, yellow undertones & olive undertones, so this means there is basically a shade for everyone.
 I use the shade 10, which was described to me by the makeup artist in Selfridges as the perfect match to St. Tropez tan. So by that he meant it's that golden tan colour, no orange. This foundation is like glow in a bottle. It spreads seamlessly covering any pigmentation issues, but it dries dewy and golden. Actually basically it's Jlo's skin in a bottle! Illamasqua is a makeup artist brand, so you know you are getting very high quality, tried & tested products with this brand. I have my mother using this and she is obsessed!

High-end brand:

Nars All day luminous weightless foundation
Coverage: Light-medium
Price: €43
Where to buy: Brown Thomas

This foundation is genius & I'm going to do my best to do it justice here. 2 pumps literally does my entire face seamlessly and evenly, something no other foundation can do. It also dries like skin.. you can hardly tell you've used foundation that's how perfect it sits on the skin. It is worth every penny, especially since you need to use so little. Because this dries like your skin, the finish is matte, but not dry and patchy matte, flawless skin matte. I only need a pick of concealer when I use this foundation.
It also lasts me all through my working day which I can say only about a few foundations & I never need to touch this up, it honestly lives up to it's all day claim.

If you are in the market for a new foundation I hope this helps you in some way. These are my favorites for my skin type. I have normal/sensitive skin. I recommend you do try these products out on yourself before you buy. I know that illamsasqua is only online, so if you have questions about matching please to leave me a comment or drop me a mail and I will help you out :)

With Love from,

Rebekah x♡

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've heard the Illamasqua foundation is great for really pale people!

    http://beautysnapx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a white foundation you can add to lighten up all your foundations, its amazing xx

      Delete

© Rebekah with Love

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig